21 April 2007

Siena

Really enjoying Siena. Got here yesterday after a short bike ride from San Gimignano. However, it was through two great little villages, even had to catch an ascensori (lift) down from one part to another part of the village, where I came across a local market (and may have purchased fried polenta!!!! One can see why one is putting weight on and not losing it!!!). Then the afternoon was spent walking arond Siena streets with another Aussie, Erin. We had dinner in the Campo II (right), sitting in the sun, really nice and relaxing (with some random lady yelling at us to put our food in the rubbish bin - she was CRAZY!!). Today, I have just beenfor a 55km bike ride through the countryside. Unfortunately, it appears I am too early for all the sunflowers, one of the main reasons I wanted to come to Tuscany!!! Oh well. There is alot of Cranola flowers (yellow weeds!!). I have finally met others cycling around here, however, they are all doing the 6 day cycles where their luggage is carried for them. I am the only crazy one!!!

No comments: