25 May 2007

I am now in Ancona

Hey there everyone.
Well I have now hit over the 3500km mark so will need to update the odometer.
I have had a couple of interesting days. To Vieste was very hilly!!! but very scenic and a nice campground albeit no-one spoke to me!!! The campground I stayed in Rodi Gargano (or just north) was very basic. I got there really early and had nothing to do. AND I noted that they were organising their 'market' so I just went in and started helping, ie. helping out pricing and stocking for a couple of hours. They couldnàt speak english and at first thought it was very strange!!!!! Oh well. Then I met Adi and Margit who have now invited me to their place in Austria.
THEN, enroute to Termoli I noticed a very flat back tyre. Carried on to see what would happen, but 2km down the road, figured I had a flatty!!!!! So stopped by a campervan, a couple from Switzerland, and even though they couldnàt speak english, they helped me change the tyre and we all sat and had caffe and breakfast!!! NICE eh!!!

So after a few days of camping by myself, I got to Termoli and though, stuff this and TRAINED it to Ancona. Sorry NZBCF but I missed out on 240kms up the coast. However, the train ride was nice and I am now in a hostel.
So must dash, as need to sort out my life for the next few days, weeks, months. May go to Croatia early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy, Well done. Thanks for the great insight of cycleways of Italy. No dounbt Croatia will be a different adventure!!

All the best Dad