03 October 2007

French Hospitality


Countrysie views and the BIG hill!!

Champagne...


Their house and dinner ...

Wow, more great people out there. I met Christiana and Jean-Pierre here on the road to Bari in Italy in May. They were also cycling Italy, and have done some other great rides. They gave me their number should I pass their house in France on my travels. Well, I didnt realise when I choose to cycle down to Provence via the Rhone that they live just off the Rhone. So I cycled to Aix-Les-Bains, and Christiana picked me up and took me to their place (over a very BIG hill Mt du Chat) where they lived in a lovely French house in the country with awesome views, and and awesome dinner, either from the vege garden, the woods or the local farmers cheese and wine. Plus champagne from Reims, where I didnt get to go up north. Absolutely superb, thank you so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One could become accustomed to all this fine wine and dining, be bit of a comedown when its back to wine from the local supermaket!! Loved the look of their home inside and out. Mum xx